First of all, we want to thank you for trusting in us to be a part of your home. If you just purchased your Kaymanta rug, or you’re thinking about it, know that taking care of it is not a difficult task. Just keep reading and follow our directions to keep your Kaymanta wool rug looking just like the first day.
Wool rugs are extremely durable, making them ideal for entryways, hallways, kitchens and dining rooms. Lanolin, a natural oil in wool, makes wool rugs more stain resistant than other materials. Shedding is inherent in wool rugs and occurs most commonly in the first 3-6 months. All of our wool rugs use long fiber wool, which is less prone to shedding than shorter fibers.
- Rotate carpet every 3 months to avoid discoloration and uneven wear.
- Vacuum regularly in one direction (not back and forth) using suction only, no bristles. Regular vacuuming will reduce shedding over time.
- Avoid pulling loose threads. If necessary, trim them so they are at the height of the pile.
- Spot clean as needed with a damp (not wet) cloth with water; do not use soap or cleaning products, as they may damage or fade the carpet.
- For larger, deeper stains, send the carpet to a professional service with experience in cleaning fine carpets.
If you haven’t decided on your first Kaymanta rug, take a look at our website and check our different collections and designs. All of our rugs are 100% handmade and custom-made; but we also have a selection of ready-made rugs available for immediate purchase and shipping.